It turns out that the little “finger” was a flower bud! Sadly I didn’t manage to get a photo of it in full bloom, but it looks like the flower has a light yellow colour with dark brown spots.
The fruit itself grew amazingly quickly. The flower bloomed on the 12th (Tuesday) and by Saturday, the finger was already about 3 cm long! Wonder how big it’ll be next week…
Here are the other ladies finger plants that I started from seed. The seedlings were placed on the floor and didn’t get as much sunlight as the ones above. You can see that they landed up being quite scrawny and scraggly. I’ve now moved them up to the table as well and hopefully they’ll do better.
The spinach cuttings are also doing well. The leaves are starting to get bigger on some of the stems. A couple of the stems (not shown in photo) seem to have been gnawed on by some critter. I’ve also moved this pot up onto a ledge where it’ll get more sunlight.
Here is a very sad looking prayer plant that I’m trying to rescue. My friend’s dogs had been chewing on the leaves and it’s taken a couple of tumbles. I’ve taken it out of it’s original pot and split the plant into two. I hope the transplant helps the plant to survive!
I found this very pretty little fishtail plant growing from a crack in the garden! I’ve also transplanted this and placed it in the backyard.
This is what the backyard table looks like now with the new fishtail plant, repotted prayer plant and ladies finger cuttings. May the universe pour loving healing growing energy on these beauts!