Here are some of the things I have observed students doing that waste water, energy and time in the kitchen:
- Letting the tap run while they are soaping utensils
- Using small pots and pans over large burners
- Not covering pots when they trying to boil
- Over filling pots with water for boiling
- Preheating ovens much too early
- Having a very disorganised work station
It is important for students to learn how to save precious resources so that they can save both the planet and their money.
Here’s a document on how to save water, energy and time in the kitchen that I put together from different resources on the internet.